Applications Now Open.
$3M in Funding
Take your startup to the next level and apply to GENIUS NY below.
We're seeking startups from around the world in unmanned systems, IoT, big data and robotics. We provide startups the tools they need for success, including stipends, incubator space, resources, programming, advisors and connections. Five finalists will be selected for the accelerator and receive $3M in funding.
Starting your Application is Easy...
First, complete step 1 of the application which takes about 2 minutes. You'll then receive an email to begin the full application which can take hours up to a few days to complete. But don't worry, you can always save and come back to it as you work. All applications must be submitted by March 31, 2021. Good luck!
Is Your Startup a Good Fit for GENIUS NY?
- Businesses must be a startup or an existing business with less than $500,000 per year in revenue.
- Businesses must be seeking outside equity capital.
- Business focus must be in the broader categories of:
- Unmanned systems, IoT, big data, robotics, AI
- Willingness to operate under the Terms and Conditions set forth by GENIUS NY.
- Willing to commit to living on a full time basis in Central New York for one-year acceleration period.
- Able to speak or communicate in English.
- Able to travel to the United States with proper travel/work visa (GENIUS NY has no involvement or responsibility in securing participation entry documentation.
- Applications open January 5, 2021 and close March 31, 2021
- Semi-Finalists Announced - Late April 2021
- Finalists Announced - Early May 2021
- Expected Start - June 2021
- Expected Pitch/Award Night - Late August 2021
- Program Concludes - May 2022
If public health circumstances or other reasons require postponement of company arrival in Central New York, the matter can be addressed at that time. In such an event, GENIUS NY will have at least made its selections regarding the five finalists, and will have two ranked alternates from the pool of semi-finalists should a finalist team be unable to travel to and reside in Central New York when it is once again feasible to run the program.
- Clarity of business - we should be able to understand what this business is.
- Viability - is there a market and a way to monetize.
- Principal/Team participants – we want to know if the proposed team can make it.
- Scalability - can your business scale and attract additional investment.
- A true entrepreneurial startup - no Pizza Chains please.
- A commitment to live and work in Central New York for the duration of the accelerator